Read the latest news from the Education in Palliative and End-of-life Care Program. The links below take you to articles about palliative care and news on the achievements of our faculty and leadership, as well as announcements about upcoming training.
- EPEC - Neurology06.15.2017EPEC is proud to be serving as a subcontract on a $2 million grant awarded to the School of Medicine at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus from the Patient-Center Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) to study offering palliative care to patients with Parkinson's disease. "The goal of our proposal is to take a patient-center approach to answering common questions about how providing palliative care affects the quality of life for the patient and caregiver," said Benzi Kluger, MD, associate professor of neurology at UC Denver.
- EPEC-Pediatrics India04.25.2017In collaboration with the annual meeting of Indian Association of Palliative Care (IAPCON;http://palliativecare.in/), EPEC-Pediatrics recently held a training in Coimbatore, India. Facilitators Stacey Remke, Jody Chrastek, Leanne Pederson, Karen Bycroft, Naveen Salins, MaryAnne Muckaden and Joshua Hauser taught a group of 55 physicians, nurses, social workers and pharmacists from India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Egypt and Kuwait.
- Sept 8-10: The Annual EPEC Trainer Conferences and Professional Development Workshop06.01.2016Our EPEC Annual Meeting will be held September 8-10 at the Omni Chicago Hotel and will include three events: our 'Become an EPEC Trainer' and 'Become an EPEC-Emergency Medicine Trainer' conferences, as well as our Professional Development Workshop. More information can be found on our Conferences page.
- EPEC in Thailand05.01.2016As part of a national effort to augment training in palliative care in Thailand, Mike Preodor and Joshua Hauser recently taught two Become an EPEC Trainer conferences in Bangkok and Khon Kaen, Thailand. Co-sponsored by the Thai Palliative Care Society, approximately 50 physicians, nurses and other health care professionals attended with a goal of modifying several EPEC modules for use in medical student and residency training.
- EPEC in India04.12.2016In collaboration with EPEC-India colleagues, Dr. Naveen Salins and Dr. Mary Anne Muckaden of Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, EPEC master facilitators, Joshua Hauser and Janet Abrahm and EPEC-Pediatrics master facilitators, Stacy Remke and Jody Chrastek, recently taught EPEC in Pune and Mumbai India. More than 50 EPEC-India trainers participated and Dr. Hauser and Dr. Abrahm also gave talks at the Indian Association of Palliative Care Annual Meeting and Grand Rounds at Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai.
- AAHPM Honors Dr. Gordon Wood03.20.2016EPEC congratulates EPEC associate director, Gordon Wood, on a well-deserved honor: being named one of AAHPM's list of 40 inspiring hospice and palliative medicine leaders under the age of 40.