Read the latest news from the Education in Palliative and End-of-life Care Program. The links below take you to articles about palliative care and news on the achievements of our faculty and leadership, as well as announcements about upcoming training.
- EPEC-Pediatrics India04.25.2017In collaboration with the annual meeting of Indian Association of Palliative Care (IAPCON;http://palliativecare.in/), EPEC-Pediatrics recently held a training in Coimbatore, India. Facilitators Stacey Remke, Jody Chrastek, Leanne Pederson, Karen Bycroft, Naveen Salins, MaryAnne Muckaden and Joshua Hauser taught a group of 55 physicians, nurses, social workers and pharmacists from India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Egypt and Kuwait.
- Sept 8-10: The Annual EPEC Trainer Conferences and Professional Development Workshop06.01.2016Our EPEC Annual Meeting will be held September 8-10 at the Omni Chicago Hotel and will include three events: our 'Become an EPEC Trainer' and 'Become an EPEC-Emergency Medicine Trainer' conferences, as well as our Professional Development Workshop. More information can be found on our Conferences page.
- EPEC in Thailand05.01.2016As part of a national effort to augment training in palliative care in Thailand, Mike Preodor and Joshua Hauser recently taught two Become an EPEC Trainer conferences in Bangkok and Khon Kaen, Thailand. Co-sponsored by the Thai Palliative Care Society, approximately 50 physicians, nurses and other health care professionals attended with a goal of modifying several EPEC modules for use in medical student and residency training.
- EPEC in India04.12.2016In collaboration with EPEC-India colleagues, Dr. Naveen Salins and Dr. Mary Anne Muckaden of Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, EPEC master facilitators, Joshua Hauser and Janet Abrahm and EPEC-Pediatrics master facilitators, Stacy Remke and Jody Chrastek, recently taught EPEC in Pune and Mumbai India. More than 50 EPEC-India trainers participated and Dr. Hauser and Dr. Abrahm also gave talks at the Indian Association of Palliative Care Annual Meeting and Grand Rounds at Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai.
- AAHPM Honors Dr. Gordon Wood03.20.2016EPEC congratulates EPEC associate director, Gordon Wood, on a well-deserved honor: being named one of AAHPM's list of 40 inspiring hospice and palliative medicine leaders under the age of 40.